HSS, LimaCorporate to collaborate on provider-based 3-D printing facility
Orthopedics Today features a recent announcement that HSS and LimaCorporate are collaborating to form the first provider-based additive manufacturing 3D printing facility for custom complex implants.
This aims to foster and accelerate innovation in complex orthopedic joint care resulting in new products and solutions for patients across the U.S.
Leonard Achan, RN, MA, ANP, chief innovation officer at HSS, explains that having Lima's technology on campus will allow HSS to treat patients more effectively with close collaboration of surgeons, engineers, and custom implant manufacturing.
Read the full article at Healio.com.
- Becker's Spine Review: Hospital for Special Surgery to open additive manufacturing 3D printing lab: 5 things to know
- 3DPrint.com: 3D Printing Facility for Implants to be Established at Hospital for Special Surgery
- Plastics Today: Italian medtech company will 3D print orthopedic implants at top-ranked U.S. hospital
- Becker's Spine Review: 5 key developments in 3D printing technology
- Beckers Spine Review: 20 innovations in spine to know | 2020