10 things to know about Hospital for Special Surgery's co-chiefs of spine
1. Dr. Sama is involved with resident and fellowship training, and he mentors medical students.
2. Dr. Sama is involved in several spine societies, including the North American Spine Society, Scoliosis Research Society, the International Society for the Advancement of Spine, the Eastern Orthopaedic Society, the HSS Spine Fellowship Alumni Association, and AO Spine North America.
3. Dr. Sama's research interests are in the biology and biomechanics of spine fusion and fusion alternatives.
4. Dr. Sama's clinical interests include complex spine surgery, minimally invasive lateral lumbar fusions and motion-preservation technologies.
5. Dr. Sama earned his medical degree at The University of Miami (Fla.) School of Medicine, and he completed his residency at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami.
6. Dr. Qureshi became co-chief of spine in 2022. He replaced Harvinder Sandhu, MD.
7. Dr. Qureshi performs nearly 300 minimally invasive spine surgeries annually. His other clinical interests include motion sparing surgery.
8. Dr. Qureshi's research interests also lie in minimally invasive spine surgery. He authored more than 100 articles, book chapters and textbooks.
9. Dr. Qureshi has given more than 100 invited lectures worldwide and trained fellows nationally and internationally.
10. Dr. Qureshi earned his medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston and completed his residency at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City.
Read the full article at Beckersspine.com.